Departments in P/F Fiskaaling (Ltd.)
P/F Fiskaaling employs some 30 plus people, mostly scientists and researchers. The employees are attached to the various specialized departments of Fiskaaling:
- Fiskaaling við Áir, the main facility, hosts most researchers from various departments.
- The department of biotechnology Biotøkni is based in a research park fascility in Tórshavn called iNOVA. Here, advanced tools are used to conduct research activities.
- The department of fish health Fiskaheilsa focuses on a variety of services and testings as well as research, advising and education.
- The aqua centre Sjódepilin in the nearby location of Nesvík is licensed to conduct test farming of fish and seaweed.
- The department of technology and environment Tøkni og Umhvørvi is predominantly involved with technology-based research pertaining to environmental factors in connection with fish farming.
- Fiskaaling owns a research vessel, the Andrias Reinert, which is used for various research operations, such as measuring waves and currents.